Five Things to Know on Jan. 11: Last Day to Drop-off Christmas Trees
An essential get-me-going daily morning column from Hamilton-Wenham Patch.
Today is Friday, Jan. 11. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Clouds: The weather forecast on Friday calls for it to be a cloudy day with the temperature getting into the low 40s. There’s also a chance of showers in the late afternoon and evening.
2. Christmas trees: There’s three spots to drop off your Christmas tree in Wenham – Iron Rail, Pingree Park and West Wenham playground. The last day to drop off a tree is Friday at all three locations.
3. Slavery: Jan. 11 is Slavery And Human Trafficking Awareness Day in Massachusetts. Last year, Massachusetts passed a law that makes human trafficking a felony in the state and creates services for victims.
4. Golden Globes: The red carpet will be rolled out on Sunday evening for the best in television and movies at the Golden Globe awards. It airs starting at 8 p.m. on Sunday on NBC (channel 7).
5. Principal: The field of finalists to become the new permanent principal at Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School is down to two. Superintendent Dr. Michael Harvey will make an announcement of those finalists by Monday.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.