Five Things to Know on Feb. 15: Girl Scout Cookie Day Includes Raffle for Free Case
An essential get-me-going daily morning column from Hamilton-Wenham Patch.
Today is Friday, Feb. 15. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. 50s: The temperature is expected to get above 50 on Friday with mostly sunny skies. It will be windy too, with gusts up to 25 miles per hour out of the southwest.
2. Girl Scout Cookies: Friday is Girl Scout Cookie Day, rescheduled from last Friday because of the blizzard. Check Twitter for a lot of the action on Friday with the #onemorebox hashtag to win dome prizes and follow @GirlScoutsEMass to find out the location of the Girl Scout Cookie booths that will be putting contests to win a case of Girl Scout cookies.
3. Perfect Pitch: Are you a business owner looking for tips for the “perfect investor pitch”? There’s a free session on Friday morning at the Enterprise Center at Salem State University titled ““In Search of the Perfect Investor Pitch.” The event will be put on by Phil Holberton, winner of the 2008 Enterprise Center Business Plan Contest. It runs from 7:30-10 a.m.
4. Pre-K: The Pre-K screening scheduled for last Friday was postponed because the blizzard was moving in at that time. It was rescheduled for this Friday and at last check there were still a few spots open.
5. Wenham Budget: The Wenham Finance Advisory Committee meets on Saturday morning at Wenham Town Hall at 9 a.m., where it will focus discussion on the fire department and regional communications center budget – two topics that have received considerable attention in recent weeks.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.
This story has been corrected to include the correct date for the Wenham Finance Advisory Committee meeting. It is Saturday, Feb. 16.