Five Things to Know on Dec. 3: School Committee Talks Budget Early Monday
An essential get-me-going daily morning column from Hamilton-Wenham Patch.
Today is Monday, Dec. 3. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Warm: Monday is forecasted to be an uncharacteristically warm day, with partly sunny skies and a high temperature into the 50s. Better yet, it is expected to be warm through Wednesday.
2. School Committee: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee meets bright and early on Monday at 7:30 a.m. at the school district offices at Center School to go over the fiscal 2012 budget results and look at projections for the current fiscal year.
3. Grammys: The final day to enter a Grammy-sponsored video contest for teenagers in Monday. The contest is open musicians ages 14–18, who are asked to compose or create an original song and/or music video that “explores, encourages and celebrates a healthy lifestyle.” The winner takes home $500 plus a trip to Los Angeles to go backstage at the 55th annual Gammy awards.
4. Fuel Fund: Monday is the first day that the Massachusetts Good Neighbor Energy Fund will be open for emergency requests. The fund is run by the Salvation Army and energy companies to help households in temporary crisis who do not qualify for federal or state assistance with the payment of their energy expenses. The fund open to all requests from qualified families on Jan. 2.
5. Hamilton Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen meet on Monday at 7 p.m. at Hamilton Town Hall. The board's meeting is slated to last less than an hour and will include the renewal of liquor and entertainment licenses for 2013.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.