BOSTON TALK RADIO HOSTS COMPETE FOR “TOP CHEF” AT EUROSTOVES
Forget the company picnic. Instead, 96.9 FM WTKK Boston Talks radio personalities and staff channeled their inner “iron chef” for a spicy corporate team-building event recently at Eurostoves in Beverly.
Jim Braude, Margery Eagan and Hank Morse from the Jim & Margery show, Doug Meehan from the Doug Meehan show and WTKK staff sliced and diced to see who could whip up the best salad, entrée and dessert in a timed cooking competition reminiscent of Chopped meets Celebrity Cook-Off.
“It’s like one of those television shows,” Eagan said. “Everybody cooks, decides who wins and then sits down to eat a great meal.”
“It was huge fun,” Braude added.
The WTKK staff was split into two teams with Margery and Doug on team cod and Jim and Hank on team beef tenderloin.
Team cod prepared:
- Crunchy avocado salad topped with corn tortilla chips and sherry vinegar and olive oil
- Baked local cod with grilled corn and black bean salsa, bacon-goat cheese mashed potatoes and sautéed green beans with lime vinaigrette
- Strawberry fool with butter cookies
Team beef tenderloin prepared:
- Romaine salad with avocado, blueberries, pine nuts and a lemon vinaigrette
- Herbs de Provence crusted beef tenderloin Portobello red wine reduction sauce over fennel new potatoes and a fresh corn and zucchini soufflé
- Warm chocolate lava cake with fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
Eurostoves judges evaluated each course for presentation, creativity and taste. The winner? Team beef tenderloin. After presenting their dishes to the judges, both teams dined together and talk about their culinary performance under pressure.
Eurostoves helps businesses turn the heat up on employee collaboration, communication and camaraderie outside the office to improve productivity, cooperation and motivation back at the office. Visit www.spiceupyourbusiness.net or call 978-232-0007 for more information about hands-on cooking parties, corporate team-building events and gourmet cooking equipment at Eurostoves.