The Hamilton-Wenham Public Library is pleased to announce the 2nd annual Teen Poetry Contest.
Open to teens in grades 6 to 12. The Contest begins February 1, 2012, and ends at midnight April 30, 2012. Two prize winning categories: grades 6-8, and grades 9-12. Honorable mentions will be awarded. Finalists will be notified by phone or email on or about May 8th.
RULES (please read carefully):
• Poem entries must be original work.
• Maximum of 3 poems per student may be entered.
• Each poem must have a title.
• An entry form must be filled out for EACH poem submitted.
• THEME: Poem must incorporate two personas, characters, or viewpoints.
(Judges will deduct points from poems that do not have an alternate persona, character, or viewpoint.)
• All poems must be submitted on or before midnight April 30, 2012.
• All winners and honorable mentions to read or recite their poem aloud at the Poetry Contest Reception on May 15th, 6:30pm to 8pm.
Methods of Entry:
Online is the preferred method of entry.
Please go to www.hwlibrary.org to the Informed Teens blog, Poetry Contest page, to find the online entry form and contest information.
Contact: Kim Claire, Young Adult Librarian 978-468-5577 x14 email@example.com